|California POST Certified Courses:
- Dispatch Ethics and LeadershipThis course provides the public safety dispatcher with an understanding of their leadership style, leadership role, leadership concepts, and practices within a public safety communications environment.
- Dispatch/Terrorism AwarenessThis course will provide Public Safety Dispatchers with a basic awareness and understanding of how to professionally recognize and manage a terrorist incident.
- Dispatcher, Tactical Dispatch Basic ConceptsThis 8-hour course is designed for all levels of Public Safety Dispatch personnel. New dispatchers, tenured employees, trainers, and supervisors will all benefit from this course. The course goal is to provide common concepts surrounding the handling of a tactical incident by Law Enforcement dispatchers.
- Dispatcher/Crisis NegotiationsThis course is designed for public safety dispatchers to have an understanding of hostage negotiation principles, various roles, responsibilities and challenges a dispatcher may face in such a situation, techniques used by negotiators, field unit response, techniques for dealing with the aftermath.
- Dispatcher/Customer ServiceThis customer service course deals with realistic dispatch situations and how to apply learned customer service principles in that context. It teaches students the components of customer service and how to professionally handle difficult customers, as well as how to effectively communicate during routine interactions.
- Dispatcher/Role in Mass Casualty IncidentsA course designed for experienced public safety dispatchers and their role in mass casualty and fatality incidents. We see it in the news nearly every day and it affects our communications centers. Are you prepared?
- Dispatch, Fundamentals of SupervisionThe objectives of this course are to enhance the fundamental skills required of civilian supervisors. The course will cover scheduling, staffing, the discipline process, evaluations, new employee training, and mentoring.
- Dispatcher, BullyingThis course is designed to increase awareness of bullying in the dispatch workplace. Students will use critical thinking skills and learning activities to assess bullying behaviors. The goal of this course is to provide the tools for Dispatchers, Trainers, Supervisors and Managers to be able to manage bullying situations in the workplace.
- Dispatcher, Active Shooter SituationsThis course is designed to increase the public safety dispatcher’s ability to effectively respond to the unique challenges presented by an active shooter incident by focusing on call-taking techniques, dispatching, and understanding the active shooter mentality.
|Courses offered Nationwide (no CA-POST certification):